Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Have No Idea What I'm Doing

To most people, it seems like I have my life put nicely together. And I am proud to say they're right. My life is down to a perfect hum at this point. I have an awesome boyfriend, I work on a congressional campaign, I have a good job, I'm in school full time, and I'm a leading member in my fraternity. What people don't know is that nine times out of ten, I'm just playing it by ear. I used to have long term goals, like the 5 year plan, but as any adult knows, such plans rarely survive contact with the enemy. So instead of trying to plan my life out, I allowed myself to enjoy the smaller moments, and base major decisions off of minor facts.

But this comes with its drawbacks. I am doing all of that stuff on a daily basis, and I am weary and well nigh wore out. Plus, due to certain psychiatric anomalies, I don't pick up on social cues that are normal to everyone else. It makes for a riotous good time when I'm trying to discern what is going on in my boyfriend's head. Perhaps that is just the result of growing up in a freakishly tight-knit family.

No comments: