Thursday, July 17, 2014

Refreshing

What a whirlwind the last two years have been. I went from managing a law firm to being an administrative assistant to some little sycophant who was born without a spine. Don't misunderstand me, I'm glad to have a job, but having to pander to someone that is not qualified to hold any substantive position is the ultimate in degradation. But, regardless, I enjoy the job as it allows me to mentally check out over the course of the work day. Unfortunately, regardless of how much I enjoy exploring the outer reaches of my mind, it comes with it's own dangers.
I was homeschooled, so growing up in a very tightly knit family was incredibly nice. I used to watch the school kids go home, and wonder what it was like to be 'normal'. However, as I grew up, I realized that I had a unique opportunity to observe common social interactions objectively. It made me a little bit of a freak when I started in College, but we all have our crosses to bear.

No comments: